Friday, August 7, 2015

Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins

Today I tried my hand at baking muffins. I haven't baked muffins since our switch to healthy eating and was skeptical that there could be a recipe out there that was good enough. 

This morning I saw a pin for a no-sugar no-flour muffin recipe. I was intrigued. The recipe itself was easy but I tweaked Katie's recipe just a little bit and this is what I got -







healthy and delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins! And thumbs-up all around. 

Here's the recipe - 


1 1/2 cup of Quick Oats (ground in blender)

1 cup of Quick Oats 

2 TB of ground flaxseed 

2 tsp of baking powder

1 tsp of baking soda

1/2 tsp of salt

1/4 cup of coconut sugar 


3/4 cup of plain homemade almond milk 

1/3 cup of coconut oil

1/2 tsp of sugar-less vanilla 

3 medium bananas 

1/2 cup of Enjoy Life mini chips 

Directions - 

In your Kitchen-aid combine ground and un-ground quick oats, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the flaxseed egg, almond milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Next add in the bananas and chocolate chips. Mix well. 

Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes. Made: 15 muffins.

2.4 tsp of sugar per muffin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment